Cranberry Lime Macaroons Recipe
It won't be the holidays for my family and friend if I didn't make these chewy lime flavored macaroons. I usually make several batches a week during the season.—Alisa Costa, Chatham, New York
- 2 egg whites
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk egg whites for 1 minute. Whisk in the sugar, vanilla, lime peel and salt. Stir in coconut and cranberries.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2-in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 62 calories, 4g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 38mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Cranberry Lime Macaroons
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC