Cranberry Kraut Meatballs
The combination of cranberries and sauerkraut give these meatballs a different flavor. I'm always asked for the recipe whenever I bring this dish to a potluck.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Hot mashed potatoes
- In a large bowl, combine the soup mix and bread crumbs; crumble beef
- over mixture and mix well. Shape into 18 meatballs. Place in an
- ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberry sauce, sauerkraut, water,
- chili sauce and brown sugar. Bring to a boil. Pour over meatballs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is no
- longer pink. Serve with mashed potatoes. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 727 calories, 24 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 125 mg cholesterol, 1,888 mg sodium, 87 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 41 g protein.