The combination of cranberries and sauerkraut give these meatballs a different flavor. I'm always asked for the recipe whenever I bring this dish to a potluck.
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Hot mashed potatoes
- In a large bowl, combine the soup mix and bread crumbs; crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 18 meatballs. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberry sauce, sauerkraut, water, chili sauce and brown sugar. Bring to a boil. Pour over meatballs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is no longer pink. Serve with mashed potatoes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Kraut Meatballs in Country Extra January 2003, p51
Reviews for Cranberry Kraut Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review