- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Hot mashed potatoes
- In a large bowl, combine the soup mix and bread crumbs; crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 18 meatballs. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberry sauce, sauerkraut, water, chili sauce and brown sugar. Bring to a boil. Pour over meatballs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is no longer pink. Serve with mashed potatoes. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry Kraut Meatballs
Sort By :
"Not classed with with my high standard gourmet recipes but excellent for weekday meals. Would recommend to others."
"Over 1800 grams of SODIUM? You must be kidding. You want to kill us?"
"For easier preparation, I use frozen meatballs and just mix everything together in a crockpot for 5 to 7 hours on low heat. After dinner, I separate leftovers into gladware containers and freeze until I need a quick meal; I think they even taste better reheated. Also tastes great over rice!"
"A friend made these, since I'm not a sauerkraut fan I wouldn't have tried them. They were delicious though I wish the calorie count were lower"