Cranberry-Kissed Pork Chops
"I like to serve this quick, creative entree over golden cooked noodles or fluffy white rice."
Betty Nichols, Eugene, Oregon
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/3 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons stone-ground mustard
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper. Brown chops on both sides over
- medium-high heat in a large skillet coated with cooking spray.
- Combine cranberry sauce and mustard; spoon over chops. Reduce heat;
- cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until a thermometer reads
- Remove chops and let stand for 5 minutes. Add cranberries and vinegar
- to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a
- boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup. Serve with
- chops. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop with about 1 tablespoon sauce equals 229 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 119 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot