Cranberry-Kissed Pork Chops Recipe
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/3 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons stone-ground mustard
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1. Sprinkle pork chops with pepper. Brown chops on both sides over medium-high heat in a large skillet coated with cooking spray. Combine cranberry sauce and mustard; spoon over chops. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°.
- 2. Remove chops and let stand for 5 minutes. Add cranberries and vinegar to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup. Serve with chops. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pork chop with about 1 tablespoon sauce equals 229 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 119 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Cranberry-Kissed Pork Chops
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.