Cranberry-Kissed Pork Chops For 2 Recipe
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- Dash coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons jellied cranberry sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons stone-ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons raspberry vinegar
- 1. Sprinkle pork chops with pepper. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chops on both sides over medium-high heat. Combine cranberry sauce and mustard; spoon over chops. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 6-8 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- 2. Remove chops and keep warm. Add cranberries and vinegar to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 3 tablespoons. Serve with chops. Yield: 2 servings.
1 pork chop with about 1 tablespoon sauce equals 232 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 120 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Cranberry-Kissed Pork Chops For 2
"Fast yummy. I added lots of seasoning. Then topped with cranberry sauce, ketchup and sweet onion mustard....wish it had more mustard--next time! Oh ya I skipped the dried cranberry and vinegar steps.....had whole berry cranberry sauce already."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.