Cranberry Jello Mold
"With a heavy meal, this cool refreshing salad with tart cranberry flavor is a welcome side dish," jobs Jane Walker of Dewey, Arizona. "Plus, it has an eye-catching rosy color that brightens any festive meal."
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry or 6 ounces lemon gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- Sour cream, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Stir in cranberry sauce
- and pineapple. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until slightly
- thickened. Stir in nuts. Pour into a 1-1/2-qt. gelatin mold coated
- with cooking spray. Refrigerate until set. Unmold onto a serving
- platter. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 222 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 49 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.