- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- Assorted crackers
- In a small saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in cranberry mixture until blended. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 cups.
Reviews for Cranberry Jalapeno Cheese Spread
"This is very tasty. I doubled the jalapenos as suggested. We found there to be way too many cranberries, so would try half the next time and mince them up a bit. Good w/ all kinds of crackers."
"VERY tasty . I doubled the jalepanos as suggested by others & also used jalepano flavored cream cheese....it has lots of kick, for sure! Will make again!"
"You have to make this! Great flavor and super easy! I made it a day in advance and refrigerated. Give this recipe a try."
"Loved it!! Followed others advice and doubled the jalapeno... could still use more, but great flavor!! Thanks for sharing...."
"I made this for a Thanksgiving appetizer and it was a hit! Loved it!"