- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- Assorted crackers
- In a small saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in cranberry mixture until blended. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 cups.
Reviews for Cranberry Jalapeno Cheese Spread
"This is very tasty. I doubled the jalapenos as suggested. We found there to be way too many cranberries, so would try half the next time and mince them up a bit. Good w/ all kinds of crackers."
"VERY tasty . I doubled the jalepanos as suggested by others & also used jalepano flavored cream cheese....it has lots of kick, for sure! Will make again!"
"You have to make this! Great flavor and super easy! I made it a day in advance and refrigerated. Give this recipe a try."
"Loved it!! Followed others advice and doubled the jalapeno... could still use more, but great flavor!! Thanks for sharing...."
"This was good, but next time I'm doubling the jalapeno. It wasn't spicy enough."
"Couldn't really taste the jalapeños. Next time I'll leave in the seeds or double the amount."
"nancyeb3-this is Linda Larsen's recipe for home made Chinese Five Spice Powder: • 1 tsp. ground Szechwan pepper (or freshly ground black, if you can't find Szechuan)1 tsp. ground star anise1-1/4 tsp. ground fennel seeds1/2 tsp. ground cloves1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon1/2 tsp. salt1/4 tsp. ground white pepperPreparation:Combine all ingredients in small airtight container. Store in a cool, dry place."
"Who'd thought it! The combination of flavors was wonderful; can't wait to have an occasion to make again."
"Someone mentioned not being able to find the Chinese powder. Look for Asian or Oriental powder."