“This easy spread is based on several different relishes and spreads I've tasted or made before. I love the sweet and spicy combination of flavors!” Diane Nemitz - Ludington, Michigan
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- Assorted crackers
- In a small saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in cranberry mixture until blended. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Cranberry Jalapeno Cheese Spread in Healthy Cooking December/January 2009, p45
Reviews for Cranberry Jalapeno Cheese Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review