Cranberry Ice Cream Pie Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce, cut into slices
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Red food coloring, optional
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in ice cream. Arrange half of the cranberry slices in the crust. Spread with half of the ice cream mixture; repeat layers.
- 3. Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours or until firm. In a small bowl, tint whipped topping with red food coloring if desired. Just before serving, spread over pie. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 397 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 332 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Ice Cream Pie
"cee - jay ~~ Don't serve him any!! Just eat it all in front on him and enjoy!! Or, trade him in!! LOL"
"This looks good but DH does not like any red foods. I'd like to make with something that isn't red but need some help with suggestions. Any comments? Thanks"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.