Cranberry Ice Cream Pie Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce, cut into slices
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Red food coloring, optional
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in ice cream. Arrange half of the cranberry slices in the crust. Spread with half of the ice cream mixture; repeat layers.
- 3. Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours or until firm. In a small bowl, tint whipped topping with red food coloring if desired. Just before serving, spread over pie. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 397 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 332 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.