Cranberry Hot Wings
Chicken wings get special treatment from cranberry sauce, a little citrus and a touch of hot sauce in this no-fuss recipe. The wings are a tangy way to heat up a winter night.
12 ServingsPrep: 50 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce, cubed
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- Blue cheese salad dressing and celery ribs
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover
- and cook on low for 45 minutes or until cranberry sauce is melted.
- Meanwhile, cut wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections.
- Place wings on a greased broiler pan. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat
- for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned, turning occasionally.
- Transfer wings to slow cooker; toss to coat. Cover and cook on high
- for 2-3 hours or until tender. Serve wings with salad dressing and
- celery ribs. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken wing (calculated without salad dressing and celery) equals 196 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.