A brimming mug of this Christmasy spiced beverage is so welcome and warming on a chilly winter's day. The wonderful aroma while it cooks is an added bonus!
- 2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into six pieces
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Serve in mugs; top with butter. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Hot Toddies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p25
Reviews for Cranberry Hot Toddies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review