Cranberry Ham Loaf Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 pounds ground fully cooked ham
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, onions, green pepper and bread crumbs. Crumble ham and sausage over mixture and mix well.
- 2. Pat into an ungreased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan (pan will be full). Place on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 70-80 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine the cranberry sauce, water and corn syrup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove ham loaf to a serving platter; serve with cranberry sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 474 calories, 28g fat (10g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 1395mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Ham Loaf
"I personally did not care for the cranberry sauce on the ham loaf. I thought there were too many onions and peppers in the loaf to go with the cranberry sauce. I think I would eliminate either the green pepper and onions in the loaf or the cranberry sauce. Each by themselves were excellent."