Cranberry Ham Loaf
A cranberry sauce topping makes this easy-to-prepare ham loaf festive enough for a holiday meal. I find it’s a great way to use up leftover ham.
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 70 min.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 pounds ground fully cooked ham
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, onions, green pepper and
- bread crumbs. Crumble ham and sausage over mixture and mix well.
- Pat into an ungreased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan (pan will be full).
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 70-80
- minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cranberry sauce, water and corn
- syrup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5
- minutes or until thickened. Remove ham loaf to a serving platter;
- serve with cranberry sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 474 calories, 28 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 1,395 mg sodium,