Cranberry Ham Loaf Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 pounds ground fully cooked ham
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, onions, green pepper and bread crumbs. Crumble ham and sausage over mixture and mix well.
- 2. Pat into an ungreased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan (pan will be full). Place on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 70-80 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine the cranberry sauce, water and corn syrup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove ham loaf to a serving platter; serve with cranberry sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 474 calories, 28 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 1,395 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer