Green beans are one of my family's favorite vegetables so I am always looking for new ways to serve them. You can make them using fresh green beans as well, just adjust the cooking time. If you add the almonds at the beginning of cooking they tend to burn, you need to add them at the last - I just sprinkle them on top so they retain their crunch. —Noelle Myers, Grand Forks, North Dakota
Recommended: 30 Make-Ahead Thanksgiving Recipes
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen French-style green beans, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine beans and cranberries in an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. In a bowl, mix oil, brown sugar, vinegar and thyme. Drizzle over bean mixture; toss to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes. Stir; bake until beans are tender, 5-10 minutes longer. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Green Beans in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p77
Reviews for Cranberry Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review