Cranberry Glogg Recipe
Winter’s a perfect time to cozy up with a hot drink—and this glogg is our family favorite. It’s heady with spices and full of cranberry flavor.—June Lindquist, Hammond, WI
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:7 servings
- 4 cups cranberry juice
- 2 cups ruby port wine or grape juice
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 4 cardamom pods, crushed
- 6 whole cloves
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the cranberry juice, wine, raisins and sugar. Place the cinnamon, cardamom and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Add to the pan.
- 2. Bring just to a simmer (do not boil). Reduce heat; simmer gently, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until flavors are blended. Discard spice bag. Serve warm in mugs with additional cinnamon if desired. Yield: 7 servings.
3/4 cup equals 268 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 12 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC