Winter’s a perfect time to cozy up with a hot drink—and this glogg is our family favorite. It’s heady with spices and full of cranberry flavor.—June Lindquist, Hammond, WI
7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cups cranberry juice
- 2 cups ruby port wine or grape juice
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 4 cardamom pods, crushed
- 6 whole cloves
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberry juice, wine, raisins and
- sugar. Place the cinnamon, cardamom and cloves on a double thickness
- of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to
- form a bag. Add to the pan.
- Bring just to a simmer (do not boil). Reduce heat; simmer gently,
- uncovered, for 15 minutes or until flavors are blended. Discard
- spice bag. Serve warm in mugs with additional cinnamon if desired.
- Yield: 7 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 268 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 12 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.