Cranberry Glogg Recipe
- 4 cups cranberry juice
- 2 cups ruby port wine or grape juice
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 4 cardamom pods, crushed
- 6 whole cloves
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the cranberry juice, wine, raisins and sugar. Place the cinnamon, cardamom and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Add to the pan.
- 2. Bring just to a simmer (do not boil). Reduce heat; simmer gently, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until flavors are blended. Discard spice bag. Serve warm in mugs with additional cinnamon if desired. Yield: 7 servings.
3/4 cup equals 268 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 12 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Glogg
"a very nice drink for the holiday season."
"This drink is delicious and one I'd drink many more times. It's so easy to make and so very very good, it's definitely a keeper."