Winter’s a perfect time to cozy up with a hot drink—and this glogg is our family favorite. It’s heady with spices and full of cranberry flavor.—June Lindquist, Hammond, WI
- 4 cups cranberry juice
- 2 cups ruby port wine or grape juice
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 4 cardamom pods, crushed
- 6 whole cloves
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberry juice, wine, raisins and sugar. Place the cinnamon, cardamom and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Add to the pan.
- Bring just to a simmer (do not boil). Reduce heat; simmer gently, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until flavors are blended. Discard spice bag. Serve warm in mugs with additional cinnamon if desired. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Glogg in Country Woman December/January 2010, p33
Reviews for Cranberry Glogg
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review