Cranberry-Glazed Turkey Breast
This tasty, golden brown turkey breast is just four ingredients away! And with its low sodium, fat and cholesterol levels, you can feel good about eating it. “It’s simply delicious,” says Audrey Petterson of Maidstone Saskatchewan, Canada.
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + standing
- 1-1/4 cups jellied cranberry sauce
- 2/3 cup thawed unsweetened apple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (5 to 6 pounds)
- In a small saucepan, bring the cranberry sauce, apple juice
- concentrate and butter to a boil. Remove from the heat; cool.
- Carefully loosen skin of turkey breast. Set aside 1/2 cup sauce for
- basting and 3/4 cup for serving. Spoon remaining sauce onto the
- turkey, rubbing mixture under and over the skin.
- Place turkey on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at
- 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°,
- basting occasionally with reserved sauce. Cover and let stand for 15
- minutes before carving. Warm reserved 3/4 cup sauce; serve with
- turkey. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 5 ounces cooked turkey (without skin) and 1 tablespoon sauce equals 244 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 36 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of