Cranberry Glazed Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1. Combine salt and pepper; rub over the roast. Place roast, fat side up, on a rack in a greased roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the cranberry sauce, orange juice and brown sugar in a saucepan; cook over medium heat until cranberry sauce is melted. Drizzle a fourth of the glaze over roast.
- 3. Bake 20 minutes longer; or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting frequently with remaining glaze. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Warm remaining glaze; serve with roast. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 293 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 354mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Glazed Pork Roast
"Family enjoyed this roast Cooked it in crock pot and also added mustard and cloves. Just enough sweetness and spices that gave it a nice flavor."
"Cooked a pork sirloin roast in the crock pot on high with half of the sauce for 5 hours. Served the rest of the sauce with the meat. Everyone loved it! Also added the dry mustard and cloves as some other reviewers recommended."
"I didn't have orange juice so I used a half cup of pineapple tidbits with juice and added a little powdered ginger as a spice. Delicious!"
"quick to put together and delicious. Made for Easter and everyone loved it."
"This was excellent. I did add the dry mustard and cloves to the glaze. I had a larger roast. It took a good 3.5 to 4hrs. I thought the 140 degrees sounded too low for pork to be done enough. I looked it up to make sure, and most of the info I found all said 160. So my hunch was correct. So I was expecting it to take longer. Also I don't think my oven is working just right either. Anyhow, it turned out delicious! I will certainly follow this recipe again."
"Similar to another TOH recipe I've used for yrs. that calls for an entire 16 oz. can of whole berry cranberry sauce as well as 1 tsp. ground mustard, 1/4 tsp. ground cloves, 1/4 cup cold water & 1/4 cup water. I freeze any leftover sauce in 1/2 cup portions, which is also delicious spooned over broiled skinless/boneless chicken breasts for a quick, simple meal."
"My pork roast was exactly 3lbs but it took longer than 1hr to get done. This same recipe is in TOH holiday recipe card collection magazine 2000 with the only difference being a longer cooking time of 1hr and 45 min. I think that is more accurate. Having said that, this is sooo delicious I will certainly make again."
"This recipe is a definite keeper!"
"Absolutely wonderful. Easy too! Pork was so nice and moist."
"I followed t' recipe and it turned out really good. So, 2nd time i baked the pork and made the sauce, but this time i cut the pork and pour the sauce on top and kept it marinading and had it on low heat while we were waiting for the other food to be ready. Every one went for seconds. YUMMY! =)"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.