Cranberry Glazed Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Combine salt and pepper; rub over the roast. Place roast, fat side up, on a rack in a greased roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the cranberry sauce, orange juice and brown sugar in a saucepan; cook over medium heat until cranberry sauce is melted. Drizzle a fourth of the glaze over roast.
- Bake 20 minutes longer; or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting frequently with remaining glaze. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Warm remaining glaze; serve with roast. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cranberry Glazed Pork Roast(11)
Sort By :
This is a great way to use up left over cranberry sauce and it is delicious. I prepare it for thanksgiving dinner with the turkey as well as throughout the year.
I didn't have orange juice so I used a half cup of pineapple tidbits with juice and added a little powdered ginger as a spice. Delicious!
Quick to put together and delicious. Made for Easter and everyone loved it.
This was excellent. I did add the dry mustard and cloves to the glaze. I had a larger roast. It took a good 3.5 to 4hrs. I thought the 140 degrees sounded too low for pork to be done enough. I looked it up to make sure, and most of the info I found all said 160. So my hunch was correct. So I was expecting it to take longer. Also I don't think my oven is working just right either. Anyhow, it turned out delicious! I will certainly follow this recipe again.
I made this for Christmas dinner last year. It was such a big hit with the entire family that I will be making it for Christmas again this year!