Cranberry Glazed Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Combine salt and pepper; rub over the roast. Place roast, fat side up, on a rack in a greased roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the cranberry sauce, orange juice and brown sugar in a saucepan; cook over medium heat until cranberry sauce is melted. Drizzle a fourth of the glaze over roast.
- Bake 20 minutes longer; or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting frequently with remaining glaze. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Warm remaining glaze; serve with roast. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cranberry Glazed Pork Roast
Sort By :
"Made for Christmas dinner. Awesome. Added the ground mustard and cloves as suggested by other reviewer and switched to whole berry sauce. Have already shared the recipe. Will make over and over."
"This is a great way to use up left over cranberry sauce and it is delicious. I prepare it for thanksgiving dinner with the turkey as well as throughout the year."
"I didn't have orange juice so I used a half cup of pineapple tidbits with juice and added a little powdered ginger as a spice. Delicious!"
"Quick to put together and delicious. Made for Easter and everyone loved it."
"This was excellent. I did add the dry mustard and cloves to the glaze. I had a larger roast. It took a good 3.5 to 4hrs. I thought the 140 degrees sounded too low for pork to be done enough. I looked it up to make sure, and most of the info I found all said 160. So my hunch was correct. So I was expecting it to take longer. Also I don't think my oven is working just right either. Anyhow, it turned out delicious! I will certainly follow this recipe again."