Cranberry-Glazed Lamb Skewers Recipe
Lamb marinated with savory cranberry sauce—I love making this for Christmas parties. Guests will appreciate that it's not your average appetizer. —Kim Yuille, Brooklyn, New York
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients, stirring to dissolve sugar; transfer 1-1/2 cups to a large resealable plastic bag. Add lamb; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining cranberry mixture.
- 2. Remove lamb from marinade; discard marinade. Thread lamb strips, weaving back and forth, onto 16 metal or soaked wooden skewers. Arrange in foil-lined greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lamb reaches desired doneness.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring reserved cranberry mixture just to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Serve with lamb. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC