Cranberry Glazed Ham Recipe
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (5 pounds)
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Line a roasting pan with foil. Place ham on a rack in prepared pan. Bake, covered, 1 hour.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk remaining ingredients until blended. Remove 1 cup mixture for glaze; reserve remaining portion for sauce.
- 3. Remove ham from oven; brush with some of the glaze portion. Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer reads 140°, 35-45 minutes, brushing every 10 minutes with additional glaze. Warm sauce portion over medium heat, stirring occasionally; serve with ham. Yield: 16 servings.
5 ounces with 1 tablespoon sauce: 213 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 1485mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Glazed Ham
"dlboylan, yes I've poured it over a spiral sliced ham in a crockpot, and it turns out amazing!"
"Will this work for sliced ham in a crock pot. Maybe pour the mixture over the ham? It sounds delicious!"
"Best ham glaze i've tried!"
"This was wonderful! Loved the cranberry flavor baked into the ham."
"First, my husband hates cranberries, but when I had this glaze on the ham, he said throw every other recipe away, this is excellent. I did not use the mustard, because I did not have any. It is very, very good."
"I have used this recipe for many years. My family loves the flavor plus it is very attractive because of the festive red color it turns. If there are any leftovers it makes great ham biscuits for breakfast or snack later."
"Wonderful, and it looked so pretty on my holiday table."
"We loved this glaze! It is not overly sweet. It enhances the flavor of the smoked ham. Has anyone tried it on turkey?"
"This is still the way I fix my ham, very good and everyone likes it..."