Cranberry-Glazed Cornish Hens Recipe
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) chicken gravy
- 1/2 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3 Cornish game hens (1-1/2 pounds each)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooked wild rice
- Orange slices
- In 1-qt. saucepan, combine the gravy, cranberry sauce, mustard and orange peel. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until glaze is smooth.
- Cut hens in half lengthwise; rinse and pat dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on rack with drip pan, skin side down; spoon half of the glaze over hens.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Turn hens; bake 25 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally with remaining glaze.
- Serve on bed of wild rice and garnish with twists of thinly sliced orange. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry-Glazed Cornish Hens in Country December/January 1991, p49
Reviews for Cranberry-Glazed Cornish Hens
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review