Cranberry-Glazed Chicken Recipe
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1-1/4 cups whiskey, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine cranberries and 1/4 cup whiskey. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is evaporated. Transfer to a blender. Cover and process until blended. Place in a small bowl; stir in the butter, 2 teaspoons thyme, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 2. In the same saucepan, combine the cranberry juice, brown sugar and remaining whiskey. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1/3 cup. Stir in remaining thyme.
- 3. With fingers, carefully loosen skin from each chicken breast; rub butter mixture under the skin. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until juices run clear, basting occasionally with cranberry mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 489 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 151mg cholesterol, 401mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (13g sugars, trace fiber), 40g protein
Reviews for Cranberry-Glazed Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.