Cranberry-Glazed Chicken Recipe
Our recipe specialists infuse bone-in chicken breasts with fall flavor by topping them with a crimson-colored cranberry sauce. The meat turns out moist and tender.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1-1/4 cups whiskey, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves
- In a small saucepan, combine cranberries and 1/4 cup whiskey. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is evaporated. Transfer to a blender. Cover and process until blended. Place in a small bowl; stir in the butter, 2 teaspoons thyme, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In the same saucepan, combine the cranberry juice, brown sugar and remaining whiskey. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1/3 cup. Stir in remaining thyme.
- With fingers, carefully loosen skin from each chicken breast; rub butter mixture under the skin. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until juices run clear, basting occasionally with cranberry mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry-Glazed Chicken in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p244
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cranberry-Glazed Chicken(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Halloween Dinner Recipes >