Cranberry Gingerbread Muffins Recipe
“This wonderful treat can be served as a breakfast or brunch bread. The spices and cranberries really put people in the holiday spirit!” Lisa Varner - Charleston, South Carolina
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the egg, water, yogurt, molasses and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- 2. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill 3/4 full with batter. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin equals 201 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 252 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC