- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the egg, water, yogurt, molasses and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill 3/4 full with batter. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Cranberry Gingerbread Muffins
"I'm always on the lookout for muffin recipes that don't include insane amounts of sugar and oil. This one sounded good, but it wasn't gingerbread-y enough. Lacked the *oomph* I think gingerbread should always have. The combination of gingerbread and cranberries, though, is worth working on. I think it could be a killer combo!"
"My inlaws liked it. I thought it was a little heavy. And it definitely makes more than a dozen. I usually make my muffins big and I got a dozen and a half."
"I made mini muffins for a church brunch. They taste better the 2nd day as flavors are blended."