“This wonderful treat can be served as a breakfast or brunch bread. The spices and cranberries really put people in the holiday spirit!” Lisa Varner - Charleston, South Carolina
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the egg, water, yogurt, molasses and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill 3/4 full with batter. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry Gingerbread Muffins in Healthy Cooking December/January 2009, p46
Reviews for Cranberry Gingerbread Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review