Cranberry Ginger Tart Recipe
I love desserts that look this impressive but are actually simple to make. This almond-crusted tart will charm guests, especially when served with fresh, orange-infused whipped cream. —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
- 2 cups ground almonds
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the almonds, butter and sugar; press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cranberries, cornstarch and ginger. In another bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form; gently fold in cranberry mixture.
- 3. Spread cranberry mixture into prepared crust. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until meringue is lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 4. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and orange peel; beat until stiff peaks form. Stir in crystallized ginger. To cut tart, use a knife dipped in hot water; serve with whipped cream. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry Ginger Tart
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC