Cranberry-Ginger Pork Ribs
This festive and spicy main dish is wonderful served for weeknight family meals or for entertaining.—Judy Armstrong, Prairieville, Louisiana
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 habanero peppers, seeded and minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced grated gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-1/2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, habanero peppers,
- ginger and garlic. Sprinkle ribs with salt and peppers. In a large
- skillet, brown ribs in oil on all sides; drain.
- Transfer meat to a 3-qt. slow cooker; pour cranberry mixture over
- ribs. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Skim fat from cooking juices. Serve with pork and rice. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 3 ounces cooked pork with about 1/4 cup cooking juices (calculated without rice) equals 334 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 220 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.