- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 habanero peppers, seeded and minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced grated gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-1/2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, habanero peppers, ginger and garlic. Sprinkle ribs with salt and peppers. In a large skillet, brown ribs in oil on all sides; drain.
- Transfer meat to a 3-qt. slow cooker; pour cranberry mixture over ribs. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender. Skim fat from cooking juices. Serve with pork and rice. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cranberry-Ginger Pork Ribs
"Really easy and tasty. Doubled the recipe and I'm glad I did because we want this again tonight. One suggestion is use the whole cranberry sauce. Not just the jelly kind. It was nice to have while tidbits of cranberry to pick up with the meat."
"Nice change from ribs and kraut . Will make again. My partner thought it was very tasty. I bought a low price cranberry sauce, would buy better brand next time."