Cranberry Gelatin Squares Recipe
This festive gelatin treat from Lucile Cline of Wichita, Kansas is full of cranberries, pineapple and pecans. It's a great recipe to serve on the holiday buffet table.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:12 servings
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1. Preheat oven to 350° . Drain pineapple, reserving juice in a 1-cup measuring cup. Add enough water to measure 1 cup. Set pineapple aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring pineapple juice mixture to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Stir in cold water; transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until partially set.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine cranberry sauce and reserved pineapple; stir into gelatin mixture. Pour into a 9-in. square dish; cover and refrigerate until firm.
- 4. Place pecans and butter in a shallow baking pan. Bake 8 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally; cool.
- 5. In a small bowl, whisk milk, cream and pudding mix 2 minutes. In another small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add pudding mixture; beat on low speed just until combined. Spread over gelatin. Sprinkle with toasted pecans. Chill until firm. Yield: 12 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC