- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 350° . Drain pineapple, reserving juice in a 1-cup measuring cup. Add enough water to measure 1 cup. Set pineapple aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring pineapple juice mixture to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Stir in cold water; transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until partially set.
- In a small bowl, combine cranberry sauce and reserved pineapple; stir into gelatin mixture. Pour into a 9-in. square dish; cover and refrigerate until firm.
- Place pecans and butter in a shallow baking pan. Bake 8 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally; cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk, cream and pudding mix 2 minutes. In another small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add pudding mixture; beat on low speed just until combined. Spread over gelatin. Sprinkle with toasted pecans. Chill until firm. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Gelatin Squares in Taste of Home
Reviews for Cranberry Gelatin Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 24, 2013
"The topping is too stiff. Need to use more liquid/"
Reviewed Nov. 25, 2013
"My family loves this recipe."