- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 350° . Drain pineapple, reserving juice in a 1-cup measuring cup. Add enough water to measure 1 cup. Set pineapple aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring pineapple juice mixture to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Stir in cold water; transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until partially set.
- In a small bowl, combine cranberry sauce and reserved pineapple; stir into gelatin mixture. Pour into a 9-in. square dish; cover and refrigerate until firm.
- Place pecans and butter in a shallow baking pan. Bake 8 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally; cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk, cream and pudding mix 2 minutes. In another small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add pudding mixture; beat on low speed just until combined. Spread over gelatin. Sprinkle with toasted pecans. Chill until firm. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry Gelatin Squares
Sort By :
"The topping is too stiff. Need to use more liquid/"
"My family loves this recipe."
"Somehow it was both too sweet AND too tart. It actually had an off taste as if an artificial sweetener had been used, but I checked if I had accidentally used a non sugar jello, and that wasn't the case. The Christmas Cranberry Salad (w/ a photo very similar to this photo) is Waaay better."
"Somehow it is too sweet AND too tart. It actually had a weird taste to it, like an artificial sweetener had been used. I checked and that wasn't the case."
"Found this recipe last year & made it for Thanksgiving. Was a huge hit with the entire family. Had immediate requests for it for Christmas too. Now I'm already getting requests for it for this year's Thanksgiving dinner!"