I got this recipe from a magazine and made some changes to suit my family's tastes. This salad is especially nice during the holidays, but it's good with any main meal.
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cherry or cranberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/2 medium seedless oranges, quartered
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. In a food processor, finely chop cranberries and oranges. Transfer to a bowl; stir in sugar until dissolved. Add pineapple, celery and nuts. Stir in gelatin. Chill for at least 6 hours. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Gelatin Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p77
Reviews for Cranberry Gelatin Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review