Cranberry Fruit Relish Recipe
Rich color, a perky texture and tongue-tingling flavor make this relish a feast for the eyes and the taste buds. It's lovely for a special dinner, a ladies luncheon or as a stand-alone salad topped with cottage cheese. It's also a great way to use up holiday cranberries. —Henryetta Lewis Santa Fe, New Mexico
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + chilling YIELD:16 servings
- 3-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium apple, cut into wedges
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Place the cranberries, orange and apple in a blender or food processor; cover and process until chunky. Transfer to a bowl; stir in sugar, pineapple, ginger and nutmeg. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: about 4 cups.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 101 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC