Cranberry Fruit Relish Recipe
- 3-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium apple, cut into wedges
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place the cranberries, orange and apple in a blender or food processor; cover and process until chunky. Transfer to a bowl; stir in sugar, pineapple, ginger and nutmeg. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: about 4 cups.
Reviews for Cranberry Fruit Relish(6)
Sort By :
Ok, I made this according to the recipe, but it looks nothing like the picture. Mine turned out mostly white looking from the chopped cranberries, apple, orange and pineapple. Really had a lot of juice also. It tastes fine but was disappointed in the looks of it. Definitely not pretty like it shows in the picture. What did I do wrong? Was something left out of the recipe like food coloring or red jello?
I found this recipe years ago, it has become a family tradition for the holidays, we absolutely love this!
Sorry but I doctor all recipes, I use them as a starting location. Real fresh berries cooked down, 1/4 cup water in a 3qt sauce pan bag of berries simmer down with 1/2 cup splenda stirring occasionally till all berries are broke open and mushy, watch heat it thickens fast in the end, cool and add can mandarin oranges, cup or so chunk pineapple, apple bits or cup of chunky apple sauce, a cup of fresh or frozen blueberries, stir and chill. I left out ginger and nutmeg not a fan of them. Really is good any time fresh cranberries are lower in price. Makes a great fruity side dish with with any meal, and good for you.
This is now a thanksgiving favorite! We make year!
This relish is the best! Wonderful! I make it all year long. We love it!