- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup chopped mixed candied fruit
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the cranberries, pecans, fruit, dates, raisins and peel. Add 1/4 cup flour and toss to coat; set aside. Combine the sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and remaining flour; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add the orange juice, water and oil. Stir in flour mixture just until combined. Fold in cranberry mixture. Spoon into three greased and waxed paper-lined 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Discard waxed paper and cool completely. Yield: 3 loaves.
Reviews for Cranberry Fruit Bread
"This is wonderful..everyone liked it so much I had to go buy more ingredients to make more loaves. The loaves are great for gift giving."
"This bread is soooo good! It makes wonderful gifts. Be sure the recipe is handy because you'll be asked for it."