Cranberry Focaccia Recipe
Most folks are familiar with herbed focaccia. But this slightly sweet version features dried cranberries and pumpkin pie spice. —Veronica Gantley, Norfolk, Virginia
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, butter, milk powder, salt, pie spice and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Shape into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle and place on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. With fingertips, make several dimples over top of dough.
- 4. Sprinkle with cranberries and brown sugar. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 pieces).
1 piece equals 221 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 225 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Focaccia
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC