This fluffy fruit salad gets its sweet-tart flavor from cranberries and whipped cream. We like it because it's not as sweet as many other "fluffs." I'm often asked for the secret to this luscious holiday salad.
-Lavonne Hartel, Williston, North Dakota
10-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups diced unpeeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup halved green grapes
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Place cranberries in a food processor; cover and process until finely
- chopped. Transfer to a large bowl; add marshmallows and sugar. Cover
- and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, stir in the apples, grapes, nuts and salt. Fold
- in whipped cream. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 221 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.