No one in my house wants to finish the leftover eggnog or cranberry sauce, so I use the ingredients to make warm muffins that vanish. —Nancy Mock, Colchester, Vermont
Featured In: 17 Festive Christmas Brunch Ideas
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk egg, eggnog and melted butter until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon batter in bottom of each of 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Drop 1 teaspoon cranberry sauce into center of each; top with remaining batter and cranberry sauce. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry Eggnog Muffins in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p175
Reviews for Cranberry Eggnog Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review