No one in my house wants to finish the leftover eggnog or cranberry sauce, so I use the ingredients to make warm muffins that vanish. —Nancy Mock, Colchester, Vermont
Featured In: 32 Holiday Recipes to Make with Eggnog
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk egg, eggnog and melted butter until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon batter in bottom of each of 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Drop 1 teaspoon cranberry sauce into center of each; top with remaining batter and cranberry sauce. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry Eggnog Muffins in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p175
Reviews forCranberry Eggnog Muffins
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 14, 2017
"Taste was pretty good, but it was rather dry."