Cranberry-Eggnog Gelatin Salad Recipe
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups eggnog
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve raspberry gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water, then cranberry sauce, orange and orange peel. Pour into a 10-in. fluted tube pan or 12-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray; refrigerate for 40 minutes or until firm.
- 2. Meanwhile, drain pineapple; pour juice into a saucepan. Sprinkle unflavored gelatin over juice and let stand for 1 minute. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine eggnog and lime juice. Gradually stir in gelatin mixture. Chill until soft-set. Fold in pineapple. Spoon over raspberry layer. Refrigerate overnight. Unmold onto a serving platter. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Cranberry-Eggnog Gelatin Salad
"Really like this refreshing jello salad. The eggnog is not overpowering, just adds creamy texture and lightly spiced. As a jello, easy and looks great for the holiday."
"to much pineapple, couldn't really taste the eggnog"