- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) seasoned stuffing croutons
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, apple, sugar and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the celery, onion, garlic, sage and pepper in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in cranberry mixture and croutons.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry Dressing
"My daughter made this for Thanksgiving this year....it was outstanding! Hope she makes it again!"
"If I had made this for Thanksgiving dinner, my family would have hated me forever. Was it bad? No, but holy cow it was sweet! It just wasn't for us. I'll probably end up throwing most of it away."
"I finally found a dressing my four kids will eat, thank you."