I've fine-tuned this recipe over the years. Now it's the only dressing my family lets me make at Thanksgiving.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) seasoned stuffing croutons
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, apple, sugar and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the celery, onion, garlic, sage and pepper in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in cranberry mixture and croutons.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Dressing in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p130
Reviews for Cranberry Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review