I've fine-tuned this recipe over the years. Now it's the only dressing my family lets me make at Thanksgiving.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) seasoned stuffing croutons
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, apple, sugar and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the celery, onion, garlic, sage and pepper in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in cranberry mixture and croutons.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Dressing in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p130
Reviews for Cranberry Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 4, 2013
"My daughter made this for Thanksgiving this year....it was outstanding! Hope she makes it again!"
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2009
"I finally found a dressing my four kids will eat, thank you."