Cranberry Dream Pie
Plenty of cranberries are grown in this area, so the tart and tangy fruit finds its way into my cooking quite often. This luscious pie is one I regularly prepare for our many holiday get-togethers.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 pastry shell, baked or graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Add
- cranberries. bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce
- heat; cook until berries pop, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until
- fluffy. Fold in whipped cream. Spread evenly into pie shell. Top
- with the cranberry mixture. Chill for at least 4 hours. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 406 calories, 22 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 143 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.