Cranberry Dream Pie Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 pastry shell, baked or graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1. In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Add cranberries. bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; cook until berries pop, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Fold in whipped cream. Spread evenly into pie shell. Top with the cranberry mixture. Chill for at least 4 hours. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 406 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 143mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Cranberry Dream Pie
"Tried it a 2nd time letting the cranberry mixture cool to room temp. It worked out much better."
"Mine did not come out looking like the photo, but folks still liked it. I wonder if the cranberry mixture should cool before placing on top - it doesn't really specify in the instructions. People really did like it though."