Cranberry Dream Pie Recipe
Plenty of cranberries are grown in this area, so the tart and tangy fruit finds its way into my cooking quite often. This luscious pie is one I regularly prepare for our many holiday get-togethers.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling YIELD:6-8 servings
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 pastry shell, baked or graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1. In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Add cranberries. bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; cook until berries pop, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Fold in whipped cream. Spread evenly into pie shell. Top with the cranberry mixture. Chill for at least 4 hours. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 406 calories, 22 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 143 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC