Plenty of cranberries are grown in this area, so the tart and tangy fruit finds its way into my cooking quite often. This luscious pie is one I regularly prepare for our many holiday get-togethers.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 pastry shell, baked or graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Add cranberries. bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; cook until berries pop, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Fold in whipped cream. Spread evenly into pie shell. Top with the cranberry mixture. Chill for at least 4 hours. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Dream Pie in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1999, p28
Reviews for Cranberry Dream Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review