Cranberry Dream Pie Recipe
Plenty of cranberries are grown in this area, so the tart and tangy fruit finds its way into my cooking quite often. This luscious pie is one I regularly prepare for our many holiday get-togethers.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 pastry shell, baked or graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Add cranberries. bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; cook until berries pop, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Fold in whipped cream. Spread evenly into pie shell. Top with the cranberry mixture. Chill for at least 4 hours. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Dream Pie in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1999, p28
Reviews for Cranberry Dream Pie(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review