Cranberry Doughnuts Recipe
When cranberries are in season, I get this recipe out and make these tasty doughnuts. When my children were small, I'd usually double the recipe and sometimes the doughnuts would all be gone before they could cool.
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Additional sugar
- In a bowl, beat egg; add sugar and butter. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; add to sugar mixture alternately with milk. Stir in cranberries.
- Heat oil in an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer to 375°. Drop tablespoonfuls of batter into oil. Fry doughnuts a few at a time, turning with a slotted spoon until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels; roll in sugar while still warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry Doughnuts in Country October/November 1995, p49
Reviews for Cranberry Doughnuts(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review