Cranberry Double-Nut Pie Recipe
This has to be on our holiday table or there'd be lots of unhappy campers. Tart cranberries provide delicious contrast to the rich, sweet, nutty filling.—Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, molasses and salt; stir in cranberries, walnuts and pecans. Pour into pastry.
- 3. Bake 45-50 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 573 calories, 36g fat (14g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 332mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein .
Reviews for Cranberry Double-Nut Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC