Cranberry Double-Nut Pie Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, molasses and salt; stir in cranberries, walnuts and pecans. Pour into pastry.
- 3. Bake 45-50 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches): Combine 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour and 1/4 tsp. salt; cut in 1/2 cup cold butter until crumbly. Gradually add 3-5 Tbsp. ice water, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour. Editor's Note: To toast nuts, spread in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 5-10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Or, spread in a dry nonstick skillet and heat over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
1 piece: 573 calories, 36g fat (14g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 332mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.