This has to be on our holiday table or there'd be lots of unhappy campers. Tart cranberries provide delicious contrast to the rich, sweet, nutty filling.—Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
Featured In: 47 Cranberry Desserts Worth Puckering Up For
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, molasses and salt; stir in cranberries, walnuts and pecans. Pour into pastry.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Double-Nut Pie in Taste of Home December 2013
Reviews for Cranberry Double-Nut Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review