Cranberry-Dijon Pork Roast
Five everyday ingredients are all you need for this sweet and tangy pork roast. —Mary-Ellen Steele, Bristol, Connecticut
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours + standing
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 envelope golden onion soup mix
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- In a large skillet, brown roast in butter on all sides. Transfer to a
- 5-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle with soup mix. Add cranberry sauce to
- skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender. Remove
- roast to a serving platter; let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Stir mustard into cooking juices. Serve with roast. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounces cooked pork with 1/3 cup sauce equals 337 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 388 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.