- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 envelope golden onion soup mix
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- In a large skillet, brown roast in butter on all sides. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle with soup mix. Add cranberry sauce to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender. Remove roast to a serving platter; let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Stir mustard into cooking juices. Serve with roast. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cranberry-Dijon Pork Roast
"Tried this with a few variations today. I completely forgot the butter and mustard and used a dry onion soup mix since I couldn't find a golden soup mix. I also used a cranberry sauce without berries since that's all I had on hand. It was really good. Incredibly moist and just a hint of sweetness. Simple to prepare as well. Unsolicited, my husband told me how much he liked this recipe. He also thinks it would work with some sliced onion to soak up the flavor and I agree. Good straight or served pulled pork style."
"easy, tasted great."
"This is absolutely delicious with or without the dijon! I've made both ways depending on what taste I'm looking for at the time. I used a 1.5 pound roast but love the gravy juices enough I follow the recipe exactly to have extra! I did cut cooking time by about an hour and the meat is tender and flavorful."
"This was so easy and very tasty! The meat was tender too."
"good! USED pork TENDERLOIN and added some chix broth"
"I made this yesterday for Sunday dinner. I skipped the browning step, and it turned out just fine. Not unappetizingly pale, or anything like that. Just perfect. We loved it -- 4 adults and 2 little girls ate every scrap! Highly recommended. I will be making this again and again."
"Absolutely delicious! Made it for dinner tonight and my hubby loved it! Might evenmake this for Easter!"