This is a special salad that your family and friends will be tickled pink when presented with it.Edna Olson, Rancho Murieta, California
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, juice drained and reserved
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- Fresh strawberries, optional
- Combine pineapple juice and water in a 2-qt. saucepan; heat to
- boiling. Remove from heat; add gelatin and stir until it dissolves.
- Stir in cranberry sauce, lemon juice, peel and nutmeg. Chill until
- mixture thickens slightly. Add sour cream; stir until thoroughly
- combined. Fold in pineapple and pecans. Pour into an 8-cup mold;
- chill until firm. Unmold onto a serving plate. Garnish with fresh
- strawberries if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 254 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 60 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.