Cranberry Delight Recipe
This is a special salad that your family and friends will be tickled pink when presented with it.—Edna Olson, Rancho Murieta, California
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, juice drained and reserved
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Fresh strawberries, optional
- 1. Combine pineapple juice and water in a 2-qt. saucepan; heat to boiling. Remove from heat; add gelatin and stir until it dissolves. Stir in cranberry sauce, lemon juice, peel and nutmeg. Chill until mixture thickens slightly. Add sour cream; stir until thoroughly combined. Fold in pineapple and pecans. Pour into an 8-cup mold; chill until firm. Unmold onto a serving plate. Garnish with fresh strawberries if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 254 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Cranberry Delight
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC