Cranberry Date Bars Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) chopped dates
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a covered saucepan over low heat, simmer cranberries, dates and water for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the cranberries have popped. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Stir in butter until well blended. Pat half into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes.
- Spoon cranberry mixture over crust. Sprinkle with remaining oat mixture. Pat gently. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until browned. Cool. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Cranberry Date Bars
Sort By :
"These bars are delicious! I questioned adding only 2 T of water, but it was enough. I sprinkled some coconut atop the cranberry date mixture before adding the remaining of the oat mixture. I halved the amount of glaze and it was fine with less sugar."
"My husband loves these! I add about a 1/4 cup orange instead of water to the cranberries and dates. Works great."
"So good! I've made this many times and it always goes over great!"
"These have been a hit in our family of seven. Everyone who tastes these asks me for the recipe! The combination of dates and fresh cranberries is just perfect and the topping is amazing!! My kids say their favorite part is the crumble topping which I double when making this recipe. It is also great on cobblers! I have given this recipe out countless times and am often asked to bring this to potlucks--it is a winner!!!"